Updates & Resources
Dear Chamber Members:
Your Murphy Chamber of Commerce is closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the area and is taking the necessary precautions for all scheduled social and networking gatherings. The health and safety of our members is a priority. The staff and board of directors will continue to monitor the situation and share more information as it becomes available and communicate on the impact of our planned events.
Our top priority is for our staff and community to stay healthy. That is why we will continue to follow the CDC guidelines. The following Murphy Chamber events that will immediately be affected include:
- Thursday Business Card Exchange – Canceled through the end of March
- March Monthly Luncheon – Canceled
- March Tri-Chamber Mixer – Canceled
- April 18th Spring Fever Vendor Event – Postponed (RESCHEDULE DATE TBD)
We will continue to monitor the reports of the virus as well as the guidance recommended by our government officials. As such, we will update the status of future chamber events that will be impacted.
We will look for creative ways to keep our members engaged and connected with one another and will update you as those alternatives become available.
We have gathered a list of resources to assist our businesses and community. The list contains links to updates about the coronavirus, resources for businesses, guidance for schools, and more.
Access the list below, just click on the link:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- CDC Guidelines & Resources
- City of Murphy Updates
- Governor Updates
- Congressman Van Taylor Updates
Additional Guidance & Resource for Employers, click on the links below:
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Handshake – Free Zone Flyer
- Society for Human Resource Management
It is imperative that we work together during this difficult time and take the appropriate measures to keep ourselves and our community healthy which will help to decrease the spread of this virus and its negative impact on our state. Your chamber is here to provide continued guidance to help connect you to the resources you need!
Executive Director, Murphy Chamber of Commerce